2019 South Africa SOLD OUT
Welcome to the PaR nz Golfing Holidays Luxury South African Golf & Safari!
We are proud to release our 2019 South African Golf & Safari Tour. We feature a unique collection of the best of golf in South Africa, a journey on the deluxe Rovos Train and your chance to see wildlife up close, in not only the Kruger National Game Reserve but the exclusive private game reserve of Gondwana.
Our 18-day journey takes us from Johannesburg to the Kruger National Game Reserve. We then travel in luxury on the Rovos Train to Cape Town taking in the famous Robin Island, Table Mountain and vineyards. Relax 4 nights at Fancourt, all capped off with a grand finale at the exclusive private game reserve of Gondwana.
We play 8 rounds of championship golf on tour including golf at Leopard Creek, Pearl Valley, Arabella, Fancourt’s Tri-challenge (The Links, Montagu and Outeniqua courses), along with Pinnacle Point and the Ernie Els designed Oubaai Course.
In total we have 6 nights at deluxe game reserves on safari, and the ‘real’ chance to see Africa’s Big 5 Wildlife - Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhinoceros and Buffalo, up close!
Don’t miss out! Join us on the Safari!
Many thanks from your PaR nz Golfing Holidays team
Denise & Kim - your South African tour hosts!
- 4 nights at 5 Star - Jock Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park in luxury rooms
- 2 nights on the exclusive 5 Star - Rovos Rail from Pretoria to Cape Town in deluxe twin suites
- 4 nights at the 4.5 Star Commodore Hotel, in Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront, standard rooms
- 1 night at the 5 Star - Arabella Hotel, deluxe rooms
- 4 nights at 5 Star - Fancourt (Voted no #1 Golf Resort in the World - 2018 IAGTO Golf Travel Awards), classic rooms
- 2 nights at 5 Star - Gondwana Private Game Reserve in Fynbo’s Villas
- 2 Morning and 2 evening game drives in Kruger National Park from Jock Lodge
- 1 Morning and 2 evening game drives at Gondwana Private Game Reserve
Extensive meal inclusions
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Jock Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park
- Tea & Coffee on demand at Jock Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and refreshments on the Rovos Rail Train
- Full cooked breakfast at the Commodore and Arabella Hotels
- Breakfast daily at Fancourt
- Two (2) dinner vouchers at Fancourt (value ZAR 300 per person)
- Breakfast and dinner at Gondwana Private Reserve
South African Top Golf includes
- Leopard Creek in carts / buggy - Includes halfway house meal / refreshments
- Pearl Valley in carts / buggy
- Arabella in carts / buggy
- Fancourt Montagu in carts / buggy
- Fancourt Outeniqua in carts / buggy
- The Links at Fancourt with caddy (walking course only) - Includes halfway house meal / refreshments (carts only with a medical)
- Pinnacle Point in carts / buggy
- Oubaai in carts / buggy
- Half day private tour of Cape Town, including Robin Island and Table Mountain
- Table Mountain Cable Car
- Cape Winelands Tour including wine tastings
Transfers in private luxury vehicles / coaches
- Johannesburg Airport to Kruger National Park / return to Rovos Rail, Pretoria
- Transfers / return to Leopard Creek, Pearl Valley Golf
- Transfers from Rovos Rail to the Commodore Hotel in Cape Town
- Transfers to Arabella from Cape Town, and onto Fancourt
- Transfer to Pinnacle Point, and onto Gondwana
- Return transfers to Oubaai from Gondwana
- Final group transfer from Gondwana to Cape Town International Airport
Leopard Creek | Rated 5 Star | Gary Player designer
Working closely with the Kruger National Park and nature conservation authorities, the Leopard Creek Golf Course was specifically designed to blend in with the surroundings, providing sophisticated leisure amenities in an undisturbed natural environment. Innovative architectural and landscaping techniques ensure that the golf course is in harmony with the environment, while lakes and small streams have been diverted through the development to create scenic vistas and interesting golf strategies. Sightings of crocodile, hippo, antelope, buffalo and wild boar are commonplace, either on the course itself or in or next to the river running alongside several holes. Golfing hazards take on a new dimension at Leopard Creek for much of the water is home to hippos and the creature for which the adjacent river is named – crocodile. To single out a signature hole is brave as there are some memorable holes. Not for the faint-hearted, the par five 18th is not particularly long at 475m but the island green presents a tricky shot over water
Pearl Valley | Rated 4 Star+ | Jack Nicklaus designer
The Pearl Valley Golf Estate is surrounded by the Simonsberg and Drakenstein Mountains and bordered by vineyards with The Berg River water hazard running through it. Pearl Valley is the latest South African addition to Jack Nicklaus’s repertoire of signature-designed courses worldwide. Nicklaus has stayed true to his design principles by working closely with nature and has provided a golf course that fits in with the environment. This fairly flat and largely uninterrupted terrain has brought freedom to develop hole strategies, making this a golf course the golfer has to think his/her way around. In its design and planning detail, the course is very unique.
Arabella | Rated 5 Star |Peter Matkovich designer
The Arabella golf course has a demanding and exceptional design that offers a challenging experience to all levels of golfers. A parkland design, with wide kikuyu fairways and bent-grass greens. The exceptional overall conditioning of this course ensures that it is consistently rated the best course in the Western Cape and amongst the country's top five courses by both leading South African golf publications. Choosing a signature hole proves to be an extremely difficult task as all of the holes are well designed with spectacular views.
The Fancourt Trilogy | Rated 5 Star+ | Gary Player designer
No golfing trip to South Africa is complete without a round or two to Fancourt! The Fancourt Golf Resort was recently ranked in the top 10 Golf Resorts in the world, and is the only Golf Resort in South Africa with 3 breath-taking Golf courses, all originally designed by Gary Player. The Montagu course is a much celebrated parkland course and has been ranked as the number-one golf course in South Africa in the past. Play is restricted to members, their guests and hotel guests, so there is ample time and space to savour the Fancourt golfing experience. It is, however, always a good idea to book in advance to ensure that you get your desired tee time. Fancourt also boasts a world class Golf Academy, with outstanding practise and warm-up facilities.
The Fancourt Outeniqua Golf Course as part of South Africa’s premier golfing destination lies at the foot of the majestic Outeniqua Mountain in the heart of the world-famous Garden Route district. This beautifully manicured 18-hole parkland course is a course of rare distinction, similar to its sibling the Montagu course with top of the range conditioning and a setting that takes in mountains, water and wildlife. This majestic 18-hole Parkland layout at Fancourt was designed by legendary Grand Slam golfer Gary Player. The Outeniqua course is similar to its sibling course The Montagu in terms of character, its challenging design and fine conditioning which will ensure an excellent test for all levels of golfers.
The Links at Fancourt is without doubt the most impressive piece of golf design and construction ever in South Africa. Fancourt owner Dr Hasso Plattner, who took a very hands-on function in the creation, commissioned a golf course, which would not only be a thorough test for every golfer, but would also rank among the top courses in the world. Gary Player’s design team spent months studying the classic links courses of Scotland and Ireland and then, armed with inspiration from the best that those countries had to offer, embarked on the ambitious task of recreating some of their finest holes to make a genuine links test on what was once an airfield. Golf Digest USA recently ranked The Links, the 34’th best Golf course in the world.
Pinnacle Point | Rated 5 Star | Peter Matkovich designer, assisted by Darren Clarke
The Pinnacle Point Golf Course is something truly unique for the discerning golfer. This 18 hole championship golf course was designed by well-known South African golf course architect Peter Matkovich who opened the course together with top Irish Tour Professional Darren Clarke in November 2006. Darren Clarke, who was also involved with many aspects of the Pinnacle Point course design, has said that Pinnacle Point is “... the best golf course on the planet.” This Cliff top Fynbos Golf Course inspires the golfer to play this challenging layout with a level of respect due to its dramatic views and breath-taking terrain. The 72 par layout is characterised by 7 majestic holes that line the Indian Ocean rock cliffs, four of which are played over ocean and cliff.
Oubaai Golf Club | Rated 4 Star+ | Ernie Els designer
This is an Ernie Els masterpiece and the course we will finish our 2019 South African Golf & Safari Tour. This is what their website says of this dramatic course…”You could scarcely wish for a more dramatic location on which to create a golf course. It was clear from the outset that this golf course would be designed to maximize the impact of its natural, rugged and beautiful surroundings. Oubaai Golf Club was designed with its philosophy rooted in flexibility; the course itself has been sculpted in accordance with the landscape, ensuring that the surrounding environment is enhanced and not hindered. The result is a lush stretch of land that is framed by the magnificent Outeniqua Mountains which hover in the distance, while the Gwaing River Valley winds a vicarious route just below the course.” Simply amazing!