Update for Tournaments in October 2020

Good morning

Howdy all – trust you had a lovely weekend – the weather looked great around the country in NZ and across Australia?

We are sending out this update to our registered golfers and partners, especially those booked in October around New Zealand.  This email is specifically to the players and partners entered into the Copthorne Bay of Islands 4-Course Golf Classic, thanks again for your support!

For New Zealanders – we are in Level 3, in Auckland, and Level 2 elsewhere.  And our Australian neighbours are by state in various stages of lockdown and restrictions.  And the NZ Government has just announced that our 2020 elections are now delayed till the 17 October.

Specifically for the New Zealand events, which start rolling out in the first week in October – we are still planning and are hopeful of a return to tournament golf in the typical PaR nz way.  However we need to see how this latest levels of restrictions plays out.  The tournaments are still some 6 weeks away.

We will be taking into consideration all government guidelines and all recommendations from NZ Golf.  Several of the tournaments planned in October are in fact NZ Golf national events.  It is our belief and hope that we will be at least at Level 1, or Level 0 (!!!) by then but we may have to consider all options to stage the events and tournament safely and within all guidelines.

We will be looking at how we run the golf including tee times and starts, group numbers, playing intervals, and any local rules for bunkers and flagpoles.  We will also need to be mindful of all guidelines regarding functions and maybe some F&B functions including welcome ceremonies and closing prize giving functions, which may need to be modified.  At this stage we just don’t know but please be assured your safety and health is paramount at all times.

We will continue to be in touch with you regarding registrations, inclusions and any travel requirements. We will not be looking for any further payments until after the 26 August, or when the PM announces the reduction of restrictions.  We would ask that all Australian’s please advise us by the end of August, whether they will realistically be able to travel and play in our NZ based events, in October, and maybe, please advise your thoughts on possible travel in November and December.  We will send out another update at the end of the month which will also include any comment on November events and tournaments, as appropriate.

Again our industry is taking a huge hit – like so many – but we must be flexible to make these tournaments work, safely, for all!  By all means contact Kim (phone 021 373 502 or kim@parnz.co.nz) or myself at any time but for now, our thoughts are with you all as these continuing unsettling times continue. 

We love our game of golf and hope to see you in October.  We appreciate your ongoing support – we need it – as do so many local businesses.  Thank you.

As a recap of what is coming up in the October programme is noted below:

  1. Copthorne Bay of Islands 4 Course Classic 4 - 9 October: field full with a waiting list
  2. NZ Golf 9 Hole Masters @ Te Puke 12 - 14 October
  3. B&W Kinloch Challenge 19 - 21 October: private group
  4. Millbrook Women’s Golf Classic 18 - 23 October
  5. NZ Golf Mixed Foursomes @ Waitemata 24 – 25 October  
  6. Akarua Millbrook Masters 25 – 30 October

For all tournament details and to register your place click www.parnz.co.nz/golf-events

Cheers and be safe.

Thanks and regards

Denise Langdon

Phone: +64 275 662 385 | denise@parnz.co.nz